Roman blind

The roman blind I made last weekend is finally up!

I also made some matching cushion covers, which were really easy: one piece of fabric (length: 2x width of cushion plus 11 cm, width: width of cushion plus 4 cm), hemmed at both short ends (2 cm hems), folded with right sides facing and ends overlapping by 7 cm, then stitched on both sides taking a 2 cm seam allowance, and turned inside out to create a pillow-like cushion cover. I plan to add some buttons to the back ‘pocket’ to jazz it up a little.

I really enjoyed making the blind. I’m now thinking about what window treatments to make next, for our downstairs room.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s