I dreamt up this easy weeknight, vegetarian supper yesterday. It was lovely!
Roast vegetable torte – serves 4
Peppers – 1 red, 1 yellow
1 large courgette
1 large onion
Italian mixed seasoning (or use a couple of sprigs of rosemary and oregano, and some chopped basil)
225g ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Chop the vegetables into pieces all roughly the same size.
- Place in a large roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Beat the eggs in a jugs, then beat in the ricotta, salt and pepper to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer the vegetables to a 25cm flan dish, or any ovenproof dish that looks about the right size to hold them snugly. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Serve with potatoes or rice, or a big green salad.